Saturday, April 18, 2020

So what have we been doing?

It's been too long since I posted here.
The last real post was way back when I discovered the dent in the mast. Well, I fixed it. I took some heavy aircraft grade aluminum plate, bent it to fit and riveted it to the mast above and below the dent. I filled the gap between the mast and the collar with Spartite. That has so far worked.
As we were preparing for another attempt at finishing the loop, I found out that I had a hole in the macula of my left eye which required surgery and a lengthy recovery process. I had the surgery last July, but that set us back another year for the loop.
This year we finally thought we were going to hit 'er done but Covid 19 came along and squashed that plan.
So here we are, anchored off Little Pine Key doing our self isolation bit.
We might move to the other side of the island tomorrow as the wind is expected to pick up and blow from the west. The narrower channel on that side has more protection from west winds than the wider channel we are in now.
I will post more when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment